The Experience Canada program at Pickering College offers students from around the world a wonderful opportunity to live and study in one of Canada’s pre-eminent and longest running boarding programs. Over a period of 3 ½ to 4 months Experience Canada students are fully immersed in all aspects of school and residence life. In addition to attending classes and completing assignments, students have the opportunity to join in a variety of club and sporting activities, and residence activities such as Boarding talent shows, coffee houses, school dances and trips such as weekly ski trips in winter, cultural visits to see live theatre in Toronto, and a dinner-dance boat cruise of Toronto harbour in the fall.
Benefits of the Program:
- Enjoy a unique and exciting learning environment
- Broaden international understanding and perspective
- Develop greater self-reliance and understanding
- Make new and lasting friendships
- Challenge their way of thinking and learning
- Strengthen their English language skills
Students may apply to either:
- Session 1: September 7 - December 18, 2015
- Session 2: January 4 – April 29, 2016 (with a 2-week break in March 2016)
- Write a brief essay on why the Experience Canada program is of interest and how the program fits with their personal and academic goals
- Provide a copy of current and past year’s transcript
- Interview with a Pickering College representative
- Applicants must be in between the ages of 12 and 16 (attending Grades 7 to 11). Applicants must agree to abide by all Pickering College rules, policies and code of conduct
- Applicants must be willing to write an essay or give a presentation on their experience and what they learned from the experience.