Occupational Health & Safety
- The maximum capacity of each classroom or gathering space will be determined by the guidelines from the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health
- Signage and physical markers will be used to promote physical distancing
- Hallways and stairwells will be designated and marked for one-way traffic or be marked/signed “Keep to the Right”
- Common areas will have signage indicating maximum occupancy limits, reminder for physical distancing and reminders for users to wash their hands
- Administrative support staff will be encouraged to work from home, where possible
- Large gatherings will be suspended until further direction from Public Health. As such, Morning Meeting will take place in an alternate format
The use of non-medical masks is an added way to protect others around you, particularly when physical distancing may be a challenge. It is currently mandatory to wear a non-medical mask in enclosed public spaces in York Region. Masks and face shields will be provided for faculty and staff. Staff are required to wear masks with reasonable exceptions for medical conditions.
Students from JK-12 are required to wear non-medical or cloth masks while in school buildings. Students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 are required to wear masks. Faculty will ensure that there is enough outdoor time during the day to allow for breaks from mask wearing. Reasonable exceptions will be made as required for medical or sensory conditions.