Online Global Leadership Program
Develop creativity and innovation and enrich your programming with the exciting Pickering College Online Global Leadership Program.
Senior level Projects
- Innovations in Sustainability
- Social Justice and the Local Community
- Capstone Research Papers
- Capstone Action Project
- 10 Demonstrations of Global Leadership Portfolio
Middle level projects
- Using Social Media for Good
- Traditions and Voices
- The Water Project
- Expression of Self
Junior level projects
- No More Waste!
- Building a Sustainable Community
- Save Our Animals
- My Key Idea
- My World
The newly-launched Pickering College Online Global Leadership Program shares our innovative content, resources, projects, videos, exemplars, certificates, awards and other exciting initiatives for Kindergarten to Grade 12 with our partner schools.
This international community of learners advances global understanding and engagement through project based learning and design thinking. Teachers complete an online module learning about the program, and the facilitate the program with their students. Students are given access to key projects, and upon submission and review, receive a certificate and digital badge confirming their achievements.
Students who complete three or more Senior Level projects including the Capstone Project will be eligible for the personalized Pickering College Global Leadership Program Letter of Recommendation. This letter is carefully designed to highlight their demonstrated creativity and innovation skills and can be used for university admissions.
"It [the GLP] introduces students to 21st century skills such as leadership, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, time management, etc. that are priceless in the workforce these days. This is the sort of program that could change the world if every student took advantage of it to its highest ability.” - PC Student
Additional School Membership Benefits*
- 24/7 online access to Global Leadership Program training resources, project instructions, additional resources and award applications
- Invitation to Annual Pickering College Professional Development Institute
- Information on the Canadian education system
- Subscription to our Pillars Magazine, PC Creativity & Innovation Newsletter and PC Review of Writing publication
- Online teacher training module
- Certificate and digital badge
- Invitation to Pickering College Professional Development Institute
Additional student membership benefits*
- 24/7 online access to Global Leadership Program projects, students workbooks, instructional videos, exemplars, assessment and submission requirements
- Personalized letter of recommendation for university applications upon complete of ≥ 3 certificates including Capstone Project
- Advanced entry and $200 discount at the PC Summer ESL Camp Program
- Entry in special category for the Joshua Weinzweig Global Leadership Essay Contest
- Opportunity to participate in the Joshua Weinzweig Creative Writing Contest, and to be published in the Pickering College Review of Writing
- Option to be featured on radio station 102.7 CHOP FM which can be heard all over the world