Pickering College - Learning For Life. Creating The Future.

Visa Information

If you wish to study in a short-term course or program you do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

To get a visa, please apply through your nearest Canadian Embassy or Canadian Consulate. Application forms are typically available on the Embassy website. Please ask your Embassy how long it takes to get a tourist visa as times vary greatly by country. In some countries, it can take up to one month to get a visa. Other countries only require a few days to get a tourist visa.

Depending on your country of origin and the type and length of study, you may require a temporary resident visa or a study permit.

Please check the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html for information about the type of documentation required and the list of countries that require a visa in order to enter Canada.