Global Leadership Program Summer Credit
IDC4U Global Leadership - Theory to Action is a full credit university-level course. In this blended learning course, students will attend a full week base camp at Pickering College August 24-28, 2020. During this week, they will explore a combination of academic theories, case studies, data analysis and experiential activities to deepen their understanding of leadership and taking action. They will further develop how to gain support from the broader community, how to measure their success and how to iterate on their projects for even greater impact. Throughout their Grade 12 year, they will complete the core Global Leadership Program with their classmates as well as further extending their learning through online activities and assignments to fulfil the credit criteria.
This course is open to both current Pickering College students (going into Grade 12) and external students who have completed any U-level course. This opportunity is available in addition to a minimum six-credit Grade 12 course load at Pickering College.
- Global Leadership Program curriculum on our main campus and at our outdoor education campus (Blue & Silver Farm)
- Transportation to the local community
- Fresh and nutritious lunch provided
- Certificate and digital badge upon course completion
- Option to be featured on radio station 102.7 CHOP FM which can be heard all over the world
- University application support in articulating the competitive advantage of the skills developed through completing an action project
Taking action could change the world
"This is the sort of program that could change the world if every student took advantage of it to its highest ability. For students taking on their action projects I would say that this is the one time in your high school career that you will actually get some perspective of what the world is really like.
This is the one time that your hand isn’t being held the whole time through a project and that what you do will really make or break its feasibility. This also doesn’t mean that that there won’t be support but this time you will have to seek it out on your own."
- 2019 Graduate