Extended Learning Credits
Our online credits are taught by experienced online educators and offer the perfect blend of synchronous and asynchronous activities to keep learners engaged and on track. Weekly synchronous lessons and multiple extra help opportunities allow students to interact with their teacher and check their learning in real time.
Independent asynchronous tasks allow students to work at their own pace and organize their time in a way that works with their own schedule. All synchronous activities will be recorded and available to any students who are unable to attend a live lesson.
Our online credits are a fantastic option for students wishing to take control of their own learning. Courses will begin January 23, 2023, and will finish June 9, 2022.
Please note: Each program has limited space. Minimum numbers must be reached to run our summer school programs. Students will be responsible for purchasing required online textbooks.
Available Courses - January 2023
Grade 12 Canadian and International Law (CLN4U)
This course explores a range of contemporary legal issues and how they are addressed in both Canadian and international law. Students will develop an understanding of the principles of Canadian and international law and of issues related to human rights and freedoms, conflict resolution, and criminal, environmental, and workplace law, both in Canada and internationally. Students will apply the concepts of legal thinking and the legal studies inquiry process, and will develop legal reasoning skills, when investigating these and other issues in both Canadian and international contexts.
Key Academic Dates
- January 23, 2023-June 9, 2023
- Courses start: Week of January 23, 2023
- Midterm assessments due: March 3, 2023
- Midterm grades released: March 10, 2023
- Course drop deadline: March 15, 2023
- Courses complete: Week of June 9, 2023
- Last date for submission of final assessments: June 16, 2023
- Final grades released: June 23, 2023
- What are the tuition fees and how do I register?
- When does my course start, and when does it finish? When will I be assigned my grade?
- How does my credit get to my school, my transcript, OUAC or OCAS?
- What technology do I need? Do I need any other resources?
- What happens if I want to drop a course?
- How am I assessed?
- How are students with IEPs accommodated in online courses?
- How can I contact my teacher?