Transferring Gifts of Canadian Securities
Gifts of securities are a cost-effective way to support Pickering College. By donating appreciated securities, donors pay no tax on the capital gains and receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of the securities. We suggest that you determine with your financial advisor which investments will have this most beneficial financial impact to you to donate.
Giftabulator is a tool to help you make the most tax-efficient donation, while optimizing your year-end tax savings.
If you would like to receive a copy of the Direction to Transfer Canadian Securities Form, please contact Jessie-May Rowntree at 905-895-1700 ext. 234 or email@example.com.
- Please complete the Donor Information section of the Pickering College Direction to Transfer Securities form.
- Obtain from your broker the information to complete the Broker Information and Market Security Information sections.
- Please complete the Gift Designation section to advise how you would like your donation to be used.
- The Transfer Information for your Broker section provides your broker with the necessary information for them to transfer the securities to the Pickering College account at TD Waterhouse Private Investment Advice. The section also includes the name of the TD Waterhouse contact should you or your broker have any questions about the transfer.
- Once you have the form completed, please provide the form to your broker to initiate the transfer.
- Please notify us of the upcoming transfer by forwarding the form to us per the instructions on the form.
Your support is very much appreciated. Please contact me should you wish to discuss the designation of your gift, or would like any other information: 905-895-1700 ext. 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Head of School, Advancement