The Hilltop Shop and Bookstore
The Hilltop Shop is Pickering College’s own year-round full-service boutique-style general store providing convenient shopping for students, parents, alumni and staff. The Hilltop Shop is the only supplier of the required PC academic and athletic uniform including shoes, belts, ties and hosiery. The shop also provides a wide range of products including all the required textbooks, novels and digital resources as well as a great selection of the necessary school supplies for everyday classwork, presentations and big projects, in direct support of the education mission and as a convenience to students, parents and staff at competitive prices.
The store is divided into two spaces, conveniently located across from each other on the lower level of Rogers House. The Hilltop Shop is equipped to meet all your uniform, athletic, dorm, academic, book and school supply needs, plus more.
In providing uniforms and school resources in-house, we are able to maintain our “shopping made simple” philosophy and educate our student body on the value and importance of “dressing for success” and being prepared and organized for class while carrying oneself with pride, dignity and professionalism in their day-to-day personal presentation while wearing the Pickering College uniform.
In addition, the shop offers:
- One-on-one uniform fittings for all new students
- Required team sportswear and sports equipment for phys-ed and co-curricular activities
- Year-round in-house alterations with quick turnaround at competitive prices
- Wide variety of ever-changing spirit wear from infant to adult; casual clothing fashions; PC crested giftware, jewellery and novelty items
- Dorm room accessories, linens and bedding, toiletries, and laundry supplies
- Required course materials for Kindergarten through Grade 12 including: all textbooks and novels- new and used; e-books and e-licences; stationery and school supplies; workbooks, presentation folders and binders; music and art supplies; and so much more
- Full range of laptop and phone accessories
- Graduation gifts (school rings, pendants)
- Beverages and snacks
Hours of Operation
September to June – Please note that the store is closed, and curbside pick-up is suspended on all statutory holidays, school holidays and P.D. Days. From time to time, the shop may close to attend meetings, pick-up from suppliers, take inventory etc. without prior notice – we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Monday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For information on back to school hours for uniform and book/supply shopping, in person and online, please consult the Back to School web pages on the Pickering College website.
The Hilltop Shop Online
In August 2021, we launched The Hilltop Shop Online where most items can be found for online purchasing. A secure account is created for every current Pickering College family (account link is sent to you by email) after your initial uniform fitting appointment. The Hilltop Shop at firstname.lastname@example.org can assist with information on accessing your account.
We offer quick turnaround on orders with-
- K-5 classroom delivery
- In-person student pick-up
- Daily curbside pick-up, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. During high volume shopping times, curbside hours may be extended.
The Hilltop Shop is open daily for those wishing to shop in person. Students from Grade 6-12 may shop anytime they are in the school when the store is open. Parents/guardians with students in Kindergarten to Grade 5 wishing to purchase items that need to be fit or those simply wishing to shop in the store, with or without the student, may do so only with
- a previously arranged appointment time
- proof of vaccination with the final dose having been administered at least 14 days prior to the appointment
To schedule an appointment, please contact the store at email@example.com or call us at 905-895-1700 x240.